Map

This morning the kids and I drove out to Russ Forest to walk the trails. I had planned on going for a bike ride, but Gabe's tire was flat.

We even brought the dog, who smiled the whole time, pulling at her leash and whipping her happy tail back and forth. I brought out my camera, lined everybody up on a log next to the dog, and pushed the button. Too bad I forgot to put the memory card in. Drat! It would've been a good one, too.

The trail we chose took about 45 minutes to walk from start to finish, and about halfway through it, Seth began to doubt my leadership. He said, "We need a map!" He produced his little, pale blue New Testament from his pocket--I didn't even know he brought it--flipped it open and studied it for a few long moments. Then he snapped it close and shoved it back into his pocket. "Yep. We need to go this way!" he said, marching on with confidence.

I immediately thought of this verse:

Psalm 119:105 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

I certainly needed that reminder from my little one today, a day when my heart feels lost and anxious and burdened.

Comments

Christine said…
Hi, Jody!! How are you?! What a wonderful blog you have created, dear one. You have a way with words, Jody. Your posts are very enjoyable to read and your children are adorable.
I heard about your big up and coming life change! That's amazing. I will be praying for all of you.

Eph. 6:10-11 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

That verse just came to mind. Thought I'd share.
Never listen to the enemies lies, Jody. God has the best in mind for you and yours.

It was good to hear from you!
God bless you.
-Christine

Popular posts from this blog

Mobile School

Shifting Sands

Poppy's Hands