Yellow

I've taken Jeny's yellow challenge. I'm not nearly as good at creating still-life shots as Jeny is. This is more photojournalistic. This is what my day today looks like.




This is the children's new pet, whom Caleb named Chrys--short for chrysalis, hinting towards his future state of being--and the magnifying glass they use for observation.




A rare, unplucked dandelion from my yard. What's so rare about it? Like I said, it's unplucked. The children lovingly bring me handfuls all day, until there are no more left in the yard.




A gorgeous quilted hanging my grandmother made for me. She made one for each of her granddaughters in different colors. She couldn't have chose a better palate for mine. I LOVE it.



Laundry: what I'm doing today, and almost every day. I love to hang it out to dry on sunny days.




Childhood is calling...





Snack of choice




This treasure belonged to my great-grandfather, who loved clocks and collected them. After he passed away several years ago, my great-grandmother held an auction, and my parents bought each of their children one of his clocks. It is a beautiful heirloom.





A little corner of Lily's room.

Comments

jeny said…
Wonderful!! I love it ;) Your photos are great, what are you talking about? You're the photographer, not me.

p.s. may I post a couple of pictures of your kids from the park?

love love love you

Popular posts from this blog

Mobile School

Poppy's Hands

Shifting Sands