Stepping Back Into My Blog




So the last time we talked, I lived WAY down South in Corpus Christi, TX.  Now we live a LITTLE down South in North Carolina. I would love to say that we are settled...but that is sooo not the case. We are living in a beautiful home outside of the base, as there were no homes for our family available when we set up the move. We were expecting to be here for a few months as we waited on the housing wait list, and we even considered just staying here instead of moving again. The home really is lovely. The back yard rocks my socks. But just last week we got the call from the housing office that a home has become available on the base, and after much prayer and discussion and weighing all of the advantages and disadvantages, we have decided to move on base. This move will be happening in a month, and of course, in true military fashion, Rob will be gone on field training for two weeks during the packing and moving time. Sigh.

So I have ceased unpacking boxes. I just step over them and vacuum around them. And...that does give me a little time in the next 3-4 weeks to talk to y'all here! Nice!

So be prepared for a barrage of connected and disconnected posts. And pictures.

And through it all: GOD IS GOOD!


And we've started school, much to the kids delight resigned dismay.

In setting the kids' and my school schedule, I have carved into the day blogging time. Not much, but it's there.

Now I must learn to write fast.

And sort and edit cute pictures even faster.

Four months gone from here leaves a lot of gaps to fill. I'll try to fill them in bit by bit. Even if I have to do so out of chronological order. I can live with that. Can you? Okay, good!





And wasn't it so nice of North Carolina to throw us a hurricane party six days after our arrival?

The stinging, tiny hurricane rain and stiff wind left pieces of leaves and debris stuck to everything.

 
Like angry confetti.
               

                   
                                    The day after Huricane Irene, we cleaned up our yard cooled off appropriately.



This little bridge, which we've name "Terebithia" is right behind our back yard outside the gate, has made for some great exploring.  Irene took a tree next to it, but the bridge, which was already falling apart, was spared total destruction, as well as our back fence.




The neighbor's fence wasn't so lucky.


Not that the whirlwind has stopped. Oh, maybe the weather outside is calm now, but the calendar is filling fast and furious.

"Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Psalm 90:12

Comments

Anita said…
Glad that you are back and I look forward to reading more about your adventures. How are you liking NC so far?
alphabet momma said…
YAY! You're back!I love that you are carving out time everyday for writing. That's a great idea! I can't wait to see what you have been up to for the last four months! ;)

ps Angry confetti? That's good!
xo

Popular posts from this blog

Mobile School

Shifting Sands

Poppy's Hands