Our Easter

We LOVE Easter around these parts.

It's like Christmas, only better.

The joy of a life found in Christ.
The pleasure of children's excitement and anticipation and discovery.
Sweet Easter dresses of the palest yellow.
Miniature oxford shirts buttoned all the way up to anchor miniature neck ties.
"He lives, he lives, Christ Jesus lives today!" sung with conviction and celebration.
And, gotta say it, Recee's Peanut Butter Eggs.
And ham and homemade dinner rolls.
And peanut butter pie. (Apparently I have a thing for peanut butter.)

I promised God that I would not let the seemingly endless list of tasks and duties take away any of the joy and wonder of Easter.

That promise did not make my list any smaller.

But God, in His great, incomparable grace and faithfulness, poured in strength and joy and more joy.


  
I knew there was a reason I was saving these egg cartons.

The inside goodies.


Bleary-eyed candy eaters


Everybody close your eyes. No peeking. Seth, stop peeking. 




I think he likes it.


Easter beauties.

Chaplain Rob prepares for a wonderful part of our Easter celebration...


...two baptisms!

Comments

Kelly said…
Reece's eggs are my favorite too. Love the egg carton idea.
alphabet momma said…
Your Easter looked wonderful! The egg carton baskets were super cute! Seth is such a ham! Emmaly said, "Look how tall Seth is!" I'm sure the boogie boards were a hit. Thanks for letting me take peek. xo
TWO BAPTISMS! What an awesome way to celebrate Easter.
Lily looks too much like a young lady and not so much like a little girl.
I love Seth's enthusiasm!!!
Such a handsome group of young people...love and miss them all! ~sigh~

Popular posts from this blog

Mobile School

Shifting Sands

Christmas Newsletter Gone Digital